Friday, February 15, 2013

Day deux

 

We started the day walking to les invalides, where Napoleans tomb is housed, with croissants and cafe au laits in hand. Neither of us had been here.

Les Invalides ( the Invalids, where the injured from the war would go) , the gold domed building.

 

Napoleans tomb, with me standing at the top.

Rodin's sculpture garden, with "The Thinker", in the background.....and the Eiffel Tower too.

 

The kiss
 

Lunch was at this restaurant owned by a bakery that was next door to it. They specialize in tartine (open faced sandwiches) , and use the bread from the bakery for les tartines. It was all FFT.

My tuna tartine

Kyle's ham and cheese tartine

The Poilane bakery

St. Sulpice cathedral, anyone remember this from Da Vinci Code??

 

Luxembourg gardens

The Sorbonne ( Parisian University) behind me. To the right behind me however appears to be a group of friends engaging in happy hour as it was 430pm. I wanted to join!

The Pantheon where Voltaire's tomb and many other famous French people's tombs are. Neither of us had ever been here either.

Looking out from the Pantheon

 

Afternoon snack

St. Severin

St. Severin had my favorite stained glass windows
 

Notre Dame in the background

The famous exterior escalators at the Pompidou museum
Chagall
 

For dinner we ate at Le Quincambosse, which I found on tripadvisor. It was ranked the #5 restaurant in Paris, deservedly so. It was FFT. A husband and wife ran it. I took this picture because you can see the tiny kitchen in the background. We might go back tomorrow night!

My beef bourbignon with mashed potatoes and salad

Kyle's sausage and sauerkraut

The dessert menu

Chocolate pear cake. Mmmmmhhhhhmmm

Hotel de ville (city hall) which had a skating rink in front of it. People were skating to booty music in the background. I called it "booty skate".

 

Norte dame at night

 

1 comment:

  1. You guys get the best pictures and I am so glad you are in so many of them!!:):) The food is incredible - the scenery breathtaking!!:):) Love the commentary, too - ;):) xoxoxo:):)

    ReplyDelete